Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trying to Crawl and Standing Up

My little cutie pie has been trying desperately to crawl the last couple weeks. He can army crawl, but he doesn't seem to want to show it off for anybody :) And every time I get the camera out he doesn't do it! You can see a little scooting in the video I'm posting below, but it's not the extent of what he's capable of doing. He is also now a STANDING MAN. That's right, yesterday he crawled over to his heavy box of books and after much struggling pulled himself all the way up to standing on his own! It only lasted for a few seconds and those legs turned to jelly, but I was so proud!

My next mission is to capture this new face he's making. I'm not really sure how to describe it, it's almost surprised but his face is long and his mouth makes an "o" shape. Weird. At first I thought he was going to burst into tears, but then he made this funny little face and doesn't want to stop. It was the story of the 3 little pigs that did it to him. Warning to other new parents, that story will give your kid a funny face :)

In other news, how the heck did it get to be August already?! Not that I'm complaining, summer in Texas is never that pleasant unless you have 24-hour recreational water access. I dread summer starting at about Christmas, and yet it's being kind thus far and giving little rain showers and easily passing me by. In some ways I don't like the quick passage of time because it means Anthony is growing up so so fast. In other ways I'm glad because even though I will miss all these baby stages (oh how I will miss them!!!), I'm already excited for whatever he wants to do next.

Lately he's felt that nap time is a game. Maybe not the whole thing, but definitely the part where I cover him up. Ever since he had good motion we've used a blanket at nap time (months now). It's always the same, I kiss him, lay him down, insert pacifier if he wants it, crank mobile, and cover him up. Except now he thinks me spreading the blanket over him is a giggly game where he's supposed to kick it off and wait for me to re-cover him so we can do the whole thing again. We both get such a kick out of it, and then I remember that he's supposed to be sleeping and not giggling so I let it lay and lean over the crib to kiss him and whisper "happy nap".

Here's some goodness from a few days ago...
(tune in soon for our ode to Shark Week)...

Anthony Trying to Crawl from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.

No comments: