Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

We headed over to the Hagood's for the 4th of July and had a blast! I was bummed to miss out on Emily and Dave's annual party, but it just didn't work for the little man. Gary and Judy have a whole baby set up at their house (and a pool!), so we knew that was the way to go. However, an extra family showed up unexpectedly and their big kid played a huge role in my day. At first he was splashing Anthony excessively and his parents weren't asking him to stop...leading to much frustration and then outright anger and rudeness as the final splashing resulted in salt water all in my baby's eyes with still no parental intervention (see first video of crying). Then when he calmed down a little more he decided we should be best friends, and he glued himself to me. Kinda cute, but I already have a cute boy in my life :)

Then we moved Anthony (and eventually Jaden) into the un-heated hot tub and turned it into the official kiddie pool for a while. We swam, ate good food, and watched lots of fireworks. I'm freakin excited that when we do this next year it will/should be right near our new home!

Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



By the way, we tried to introduce broccoli and cauliflower today. His reaction was the same as mine when I was a kid. PROJECTILE VOMITING. OMG. I didn't even know he could throw up so much and so fast. OY. I felt terrible for him. He tasted something disgusting, gagged, vomited several times, was covered in stomach bile, and I know his little tender baby throat must have been burning. Throwing up isn't something he's used to doing. Poor baby :( The doctor says no more broccoli and cauliflower until he's at least a year. Lucky baby!

2 comments:

LesleyR said...

Sorry about the veggie disaster my friend! I hope the little man is okay and you guys weren't scared too badly.

I think we need to have a baby pool party, they are so cute in the water :)

Unknown said...

Oh that wasn't your fault! If the kid doesn't like em, he doesn't like em.

Yes, baby pool party whenever you're ready!