Sunday, January 16, 2011

13 Months or 1 Year, 1 Month :)

Dear Anthony,

Son, you fared well over this last crazy month. The day after your birthday party we went to Houston for a week to stay with Granny and Grandpa through Christmas, and then we stayed with your Gigi and Papa for two weeks while we waited for our new house to be ready. You lived with 6 different people you aren't used to (including another kid!), and you handled it so well. Although I'm sure you were thrilled when you arrived in your new room to see that all of your old things had returned. Your crib was back, all your old toys, the furniture...and your sleep sign :)

While we stayed with Gigi and Papa you suddenly turned around and signed "more" one day. I was amazed and excited for you to be able to tell me what you need! Mother's intuition is pretty strong, but to get a clear signal from you of what you wanted was so awesome! Over the next couple of days you signed "washing hands", learned to clap, and wave hello/good-bye. When I get ready to leave you give me one or two waves, but then your sad little face realizes that I really am leaving, and you dissolve into tears :( I hate it when you're sad, but I love that you love me so much because you're the best little guy in the whole world!

You cruise really fast now, and you love using your little walking-aids. You got a dinosaur from Gigi and Papa that sings as you push him, and that one seems to be your favorite. You stand up by yourself when you're involved in something, but usually once you realize what you're doing then you drop down to the ground again. You've taken one independent step if you think you're really close to me, but you aren't walking yet. Your dad says he can't wait for you to be walking, but I'm sure he'll come to regret that statement :)

This morning you sprouted your 7th tooth! I believe the 6th one came in when we were at Gigi and Papa's, but today was definitely the first appearance of the 7th...your bottom row will be even again!

I think you enjoy baths now more than you ever have, and I was thankful I got home in time to give you one tonight. You are a splishy, splashy little cutie pie from head to toe. And it helps that you think I'm REALLY funny :)

It's been really cold and wet since we moved into the new house, but I promise to take some pictures of you very soon, good weather or bad. We may be doing it inside the house next to the mountains of boxes that we haven't had time to unpack. Yikes!

I love you more than ever,
Mom

No comments: