Friday, July 1, 2011

Friends!

We were so fortunate to see THREE of our Leslie/ey's last week! (To make matters worse, TWO of them are Leslie J., pffft, what are they trying to do to me?!) In any case, we had a play date with Leslie Ann and Alex on Tuesday (sadly, I didn't take any pictures because it was so short), and it went over much better than I thought. Alex is working his way towards being 2 1/2, and Anthony is 1 1/2 so I wasn't sure how this would go. Alex warmed up to us (or Anthony at least) pretty quickly, and the boys were able to have some fun. Can't wait to do it again!

On Thursday we had an adventure with Lesley and Jordan. She decided to take the train up, and I got the chance to go pick someone up from a train station, woo! It was kind of exciting, not sure why :) I did have to have two car seats in my car for this, and THAT. WAS. SCARY. It did a number on me, and now I'm thinking about another baby....hmmm. Then I remember what newborns are like, and I just want to play with them and give them back to my friends, hehe! Lesley was able to hang out for a good chunk of the day, and I took a couple snaps while Anthony was napping, and we could concentrate entirely on Jordan.

Lesley and Jordan-0001

Lesley and Jordan-0002

Lesley and Jordan-0003

Lesley and Jordan-0004

Lesley and Jordan-0005

Lesley and Jordan-0006

The result of the Lesley/Jordan play date was a little different. Anthony was very curious about Jordan and wanted to "pet" him when Lesley was holding him. When we put him on Anthony's old baby mats and gave him Anthony's toys to play with, no problem. But the minute I tried to hold the baby, WHOA. Anthony started fussing, throwing himself in my lap, whining, "MAMAAAAAAAA!", and trying to push Jordan away. I think he's angling to be an only child like his mama :)

And on Saturday we were able to see our Leslie J. and Joseph for their baby shower! Totally worth the drive to Buda, and we got to find out in the big reveal that they're having a little girl! It's about time some girls started coming around our friend group. We've been on boy overload for quite a while!

Moving on to tonight (Friday), I had a fantastic family date night with my boys. We went over and swam for a while at Hagood Headquarters, and then we dried off to go eat on the patio at O'Leander Cafe. I couldn't believe it felt good to sit outside and eat in July! But then again we had been outside for a while already at that point considering how long we swam...I guess we were used to it. In any case, we had a great evening! Even though little Anthony did try to BITE OFF my finger like a piranha. I almost cried. Right there at the dinner table. OUCH.

No comments: