Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blessed

My low tire pressure light in the 4Runner came on Friday. It was the day the cool front came in, and the light usually comes on when that happens. I felt though that it was actually a flat tire so I conducted an inspection for deflated tires and imbedded foreign objects. Nothing.

Yesterday I had a wedding and was flying all over town, over 100 miles traveled for a wedding that was here in town between all 3 locations I had to go to. Took the huge flyovers on the tollway at a good 80 MPH. Nothing.

This morning I had an engagement in the stinkin cold (34 degrees!), and I decided to stop for a nice warm cup of coffee on the way home. I sat in the corner next to the window so I could admire the beautiful day. I instantly started to feel blessed about living in such a beautiful place and having a great job. Not only do I have a job when so many people do not, but I love it.

I went to my car to head home and unload my cards since I have an afternoon session today, and there is a puddle of rubber waiting for me. My tire had gone almost completely flat at some point. There's the big screw I picked up (apparently on Friday) staring me in the face. Taunting me. 'Haha! You didn't find me the other day! Nyeah-nyeah-nyeah-nyeah-nyeah-nyeeeeeeeah!'

Next feeling? BLESSED. That tire could have given out at any point in the last couple days when I was flying down the road like my hair was on fire. It could have given out when I was on my way to the many locations of the yesterday's wedding and caused me to miss the whole affair. I was safe and hadn't messed up anyone's big day. And the screw was in the middle of the tire so it was cheap to fix. Yep, that's blessed :)

And because I like to post a picture with my blogs, I have a flag for you. While I was waiting to get my tire changed, I read the Sunday cartoons for the first time in I can't remember how long. One of them was making fun of Italians, hard core. Stupid cartoon.


(Snapshot of the Italian flag from when we were in Rome.)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Great story. I love when people find the good in something bad. Nevertheless, sorry about your tire :)