Thursday, March 19, 2009

Standard

Such a simple word, standard. Somehow this managed to escape me TWICE yesterday. I feel like my vocabulary shrinks everyday that I run around this busy and neglect the books I love so dearly. That has to be the cause of this.

First scenario: "Whitney, I'd like to drive straight home after the wedding. I would offer to drive, but I can't drive a...a..." I'm thinking, what's the right word?! It's the opposite of automatic. Well my photographer brain says it must be manual then, but I know that's not the word I'm searching for right now. I finally get someone to tell me that it's "standard", but by this point I'm already imagining myself driving a giant lens down the road while it's set to manual focus. Yeah.

Second scenario: I'm describing to Anthony how he sometimes interrupts me even though he makes fun of me for doing the same thing to him. He jokingly says he's allowed to do that, and I tell him that's a...a... Ok, what's the word I'm looking for?! Yes, hypocritical would suffice, but it sounds too harsh for the playful situation. A good 20 seconds after I feel like a ditz, "double-standard" pops into my brain. Nice.

And because blogs are better with photos, see what the hay field in the back yard has turned into.









No comments: