Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Almost Time!

This is my last blog post before I become a mommy! We went back to the doctor on Monday, and we haven't made any real progress on our own still so it was decided that the best thing to do is have an induction tomorrow before he cooks any longer. That will put him at 10 days overdue. Bless him, he just doesn't want to come out!

Tomorrow is my grandmother's birthday, and she would be delighted to share this birthday with her first great-grandchild. I know because she mentioned it to me when I first told her I was pregnant. She jokingly said that I should "hold him in" until her birthday because Grandad already gets to share his birthday with cousin Meredith. I told her that I wouldn't be holding any baby inside once he gets ready to come out! But it seems he just wasn't ready. I hope he's ready tomorrow. It's weird, I feel guilty for kicking him out, but I also know it's dangerous for him to go too long.

Here are pictures from Saturday when I was about 41 weeks
40 weeks and 6 days

40 weeks and 6 days

Today I've been biting my nails a bit and thinking about what's to come in less than a day. I'll be checking into a hospital, and I won't be leaving until I have my little boy in my arms. I've waited so long, yet it went by so fast at the same time. Individual days dragged out for an eternity, but the pregnancy as a whole flew by.

These last 2 1/2 weeks I've been working from home, and my only companions all day are my cats. They've been snuggly little helpers that keep me happy and entertained (the hours they can spend chasing a milk cap - amazing). I'll miss the little goobers when I'm in the hospital. Here's part of their big contribution to society today...

Ares
Ares Cat

Maximus
Maximus

I'll be sure to put up some photos (and maybe a few details) of our little boy when we get home!

1 comment:

Vic said...

Congratulations A & A! Can't wait to see your baby boy!