Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Anthony is here!

That's right, my little baby made it into this world. He did it on his own time, and I'm ok with that. Alright, I did push extra hard to get him out by the end of the 16th - early Christmas present for his Great-Granny :)

8 lb. and 2 oz., 21 inches long

Checked into the hospital a night early for unusual problems and was given the choice to be released for a few hours prior to my induction. Came back and checked in, started pitocin as planned, doctor broke my water, labored for several hours unaided by drugs. He wasn't progressing at all so in order to increase the pitocin as much as was needed, they highly recommended I take the epidural. I did. I labored for 10 1/2 more hours. Total of 18 1/2 hours by that time already. Then we started pushing. They told me it could take 1-2 hours or more to push him out, but I did it in about 20 minutes :) I was REALLY ready to meet him.

Birth was not what I expected. That part was easy...it's afterward that has its tough times. I LOVE this little guy to pieces of course, and I can't wait to see what new joys each day brings. I'll try to post updates when I can, but obviously we're exhausted.

baby anthony

little anthony

anthony and anthony playing video games

cutie pie

gettin grumpy

grumpy!

sleeping instead of burping

swaddled with granny

anthony

anthony warren

sweet face

look at those cheeks!

change me now!

2 comments:

Mark Moore said...

OMG, the most beautiful grandson ever!!!! Thank you so much for putting these up, they are wonderful....

Kristin said...

He is so freakin' adorable! And he has my grandma's birthday. Congrats to you both!