Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5 months!

Dear Anthony,

Sunday you were 5 months old. 5 MONTHS! I know, I know, I always say I can't believe how much time has flown by, but it's still true. You are doing so many more things these days. You have learned to spit (thus the videos I'm going to post below). You can roll easily from your stomach to your back and vice versa...when you want to, that is! When I sit you in the Bumbo chair you immediately start to try and climb out of it, no more sitting still for you! You can almost sit up without any help, but it's pretty wobbly. There's hours of fun in you trying to pull yourself up to a standing position while holding onto my hands.

You've also gotten VERY grabby lately. It started with my face; you wanted to feel every part of it. Then you began putting your fingers in my mouth whenever you get the chance, which is a nice change from your mouth, I guess! It cracks you up when I pretend to bite on your fingers while you nurse. The sound of your laughter and the smiles on your face just melt my heart into a puddle. I can't stand being away from you, even for photography. I zoom back home as quickly as possible to see you. I carry you around the room, and everything is fair game. You've started banging the blinds, grabbing onto my glass when I try to take a drink, and pulling the flowers down off the bar when you're on the changing table (those flowers are now moved because of your grabby hands!).

You like to "talk" to me, and you've learned how to whine. This doesn't happen very often, but occasionally if you're cranky from teething in the evening you will whine just a little bit before you go to bed. It's funny to see you do something so purposeful instead of just have instinctive baby reactions. Makes you so grown up, and right now it's pretty hilarious since it doesn't happen that often. Don't make a habit of it, cutie pie! You've finally learned how to work your bouncer, though I don't think that has increased your love for it. You can work all of your toys and reach out to play with them if they're anywhere near you. Daddy and I really want to get you a standing bouncy thingy or a walker because we love watching you discover new toys and new things to do.

We tried introducing you to a johnny-jump up that we borrowed from your cousin. You were pretty fascinated the first few minutes, but then you quickly started crying. The next time we put you in, more tears. Apparently this isn't your thing. That's fine with me, the whole construction of those things makes me nervous. Maybe you sensed that from me, hehe!

A sad thing you do is that you've started to figure out when I'm leaving, and you don't like it! I went to leave for a wedding in McKinney on Saturday, and you cried and cried as I was saying good-bye to you and Daddy. It BROKE MY HEART, but I told myself that it was good for you and Daddy to have some alone time together too since you and I get that all week long. Still so sad :(

Here are some videos of you to make me smile again :)

Anthony May2010 1 from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



anthony may 2010 2 from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Untitled from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



Yep, all that, and you still refuse to roll over for the camera. You did it several times before the camera came out, but you refuse to do tricks on cue. I guess that's a good thing :)

2 comments:

Stacy Cross said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda - he's WONDERFUL! He is SO adorable and so funny! And it's really weird, but you sound JUST like me on ALL of our videos! We use the same baby voice! Haha!

Unknown said...

The same baby voice? Crazy! I always get that feeling of, "is THAT what I sound like?!" when I hear myself on those videos. I wanna see some more Quin/Mommy video! We need to compare notes on these voices :)