Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Birthday and Mother's Day

Somewhere around here I have some photos from my birthday and mother's day (both happened in the last week). I'll get to those later. For now, I only have time to share one little piece of cuteness because my little guy will be up soon for his last feeding.

My birthday went well, especially compared to being nauseous and 2 months pregnant last year. I felt like someone stole 26 away from me because I was soooo sick and just wanted to crawl back under the covers. But this year was different. This year was my first birthday as a mom. My first birthday where I didn't want cute presents for me, I wanted them for him. My first birthday where I wasn't always the main focus...and couldn't have cared less! I love that stinkin little boy, and I'm so glad we got to celebrate my birthday together! 27 will be a great year!

My first Mother's Day...not so smooth. My mom and I got up and got ready, and Anthony asked if I had made reservations for brunch. We usually go to Chez Zee and in past years have not made reservations. I had tried though, and their system was down on the day I remembered to do it. I called after Anthony reminded me...all booked. Plan B, we went to Kerbey Lane because mom loves it, and they only had a 20-minute wait. I'll save you all of our Kerbey Lane escapades (that's a mini-story in itself), but we got home and mom left after her 5-day stay (which was fantastic!).

I decided to go ahead and try to make big Anthony's mother's day festivities with his family. This was insane. But we had such a hard time figuring out our mother's day plans this year, and even though it went against my motherly instinct, I tried it anyway (I didn't want to be home without my husband on mother's day). Well the little bug had a total teething melt down at a fancy restaurant. And Jaden wasn't too happy either to be skipping his nap...our end of the table just wasn't doing well. I was completely stressed by Anthony having cried all the way to the restaurant, and then he spent the whole 30ish minutes I was there crying. I packed him up and took him home without having even taken a sip of my water. He instantly fell asleep in the car, totally exhausted from the ordeal.

My idea of this beautiful and perfect mother's day didn't exactly happen. But once I got home and changed into my pajamas (it helps me de-stress) and put the baby in a comfy little onesie then all seemed right with the world. We didn't need to dress up and go somewhere...we needed to come home and chill out in our comfy clothes like we do almost every day :)

Moving up to today, another great day to be a mom. The little guy was in his exersaucer (Theresa, you may not want to read this), and he started tooting. I thought he just had gas, and I was sitting right next to him eating lunch so I thought I'd let him work the rest of his gas out. The next toot was loooong and weeeet. Oy. I got up to put my food out of cat reach (just in case), and when I walked back over I was greeted by the sight of poop dripping out of the exersaucer seat onto its floor and the baby doing a dance on top of it. Yellow goo was oozing between his toes. NICE. I had to take a flying leap at him with a big towel and bag him like a wild-cat because he was super excited to playing in his poop :)

Here he is a little bit cleaner out in the back yard last week.
Cutest Little Bug Ever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...Daddy and I cracked up reading the part about him dancing in his poop!

He is so adorable sitting in his Bumbo chair and there's that tongue sticking out like always. :) Give him a big hug and kiss from Granny and Grandpa. We love y'all!!!