Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Anthony is 4 months

Alright, I've stalled long enough. Anthony has been 4 months for 4 days now so I'd better get this posted before another month passes! Hopefully we can do a more official photo shoot next month, but this time I decided to use some of the snapshots we took in Houston over the weekend as my extended family met my baby for the first time. I'm glad for all the aunts, uncles and grandparents that came out!


Dear Anthony,

4 days ago you turned 4 months. You're such a big boy. At your 4-month check up yesterday we learned that you are 25 inches long and 13 pounds now. You did much better with your shots this time than at your 2-month check-up. I still couldn't watch, and Daddy stayed in the room while I swooped in at the end to hold your hand all the way home.

You have rolled over 4 times in the last few weeks from your stomach to your back, but you don't seem that interested in it. But anytime you're on your back too long, you do arch and try to turn over...I'm sure you'll get it soon. You are teething up a storm, though nothing seems to be breaking through yet. You're just our little "slobber monster" or "drool monkey".

You like our walks now, and you will go for an hour if I want to, but I try to get you home sooner so we can play. You tend to be awake for about an hour and a half with me, sometimes two plus hours at a time, and then you sleep for 30 minutes. This repeats almost the entire day, but when you're with daddy you'd rather sleep than play so you don't make it as long. You are definitely capable of sleeping through the night, but you don't usually do it anymore. You like to wake up and have a little snuggle on most nights.

You don't have much of an interest in sitting up. You let me put you in the bumbo or prop you up for a couple minutes, but usually you'd prefer to stand with my assistance. We've also been putting you in the exersaucer now that your feet can touch most of the time. Today you particularly enjoyed it, and you laughed so hard that we were both cracking up for about 10 minutes straight. You are the cutest thing!

I can see how much you grow and change all the time, and while I want so badly to help you achieve your next developmental milestones, I also want to hang on to your baby-ness forever.

I love you so much.

Mommy


Pictures during Grandpa's grilling in Houston. Mostly of the baby :)

Anthony 4 months-0229small

Anthony 4 months-0230small

Anthony 4 months-0231small

Sandy ran away every time my camera came her direction :)
Anthony 4 months-0241small

Anthony 4 months-0244small

Anthony 4 months-0245small

Anthony 4 months-0247small

Anthony 4 months-0248small

Anthony 4 months-0251small

Anthony 4 months-0253small

Anthony 4 months-0254small

Anthony 4 months-0255small

Anthony 4 months-0257small

Anthony 4 months-0258small

Anthony 4 months-0259small

Anthony 4 months-0260small

Anthony 4 months-0261small

Anthony 4 months-0262small

Anthony 4 months-0264small

To all my aunts, uncles, and other grandparents (i.e., Nanny) that are not in the pictures...what can I say?! I was visiting so much that I forgot to take your picture! Love ya!

No comments: