Thursday, April 1, 2010

15 Weeks and a Big Accomplishment

Yesterday my little boy was 15 weeks! We're still kind of in a funk with what to call him. He seems like an Anthony, but it's hard for most people to distinguish father and son in conversation so I finally tried calling him AJ (for the first time since he was born). It doesn't roll off the tongue easily for me, but I'm giving it a conscious effort to see if I think it's as cute as I did when I was pregnant.

Anywho, my big 15-week old hit a milestone yesterday...he ROLLED OVER. That's right, he rolled. Twice. I called Anthony to share the good news and then ran to get my camera to see if I could record this achievement. Nothing. I have recorded him so many times yesterday and today, but he refuses to repeat the rolling. I kinda thought he'd do it as soon as I put the camera down, but no. He just isn't ready to do it again yet.

I feel like he must get bored with his view laying down so I'm really encouraging him to sit in the Bumbo chair more and more. We sit him up, prop him up, "stand" him up, etc., but I feel like the chair will be a big step for him so we try try again! You'll see in the photos below that he's decent at it, but he ends up getting frustrated because he still doesn't have a completely stable neck.

We've been buuuuuusy lately. I'm swamped with editing, we've had a million birthdays and baby showers, and now the house is in shambles! Not much I can do about that now; I need to keep editing and prepare for Easter this weekend. Bring on the holidays!

I'd also like to give a big thank you to my cousin Samantha for cooking dinner while I was at a wedding meeting last night. I enjoyed having her over and hope she visits again soon (well she kinda has to because she forgot her sunglasses), but I know she won't know that via this blog because she said she doesn't really use the internet that much. WHAAAAAT?!?! That's right folks, we have a lunatic on our hands.

IMG_0215small

IMG_0216small

IMG_0217small

IMG_0221small

IMG_0222small

IMG_0223small

IMG_0224small

IMG_0236small

IMG_0238small

IMG_0239small

IMG_0240small

IMG_0242small

3 comments:

Vic said...

Those tummy time pictures are the CUTEST!

Unknown said...

Thanks! My mom said he looked like Tweety Bird :)

Whitney Lee said...

OH MY GOODNESS he is so cute all holdin' his head up!