Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6 months!

Dear Anthony,

Please forgive me for writing this two weeks late. Don't worry, I've had what I wanted to say about your recent activities all planned out in my head. Ok, not all planned out...but there were mental bullet points :)

You started solids about 10 days before you hit 6 months. We started you with rice cereal of course, and you were kind of alright with that. We then introduced you to avocado, carrots, and bananas. You've tried more things since then, but let's not spoil your 7 month post! You've helped me to let go of my previous pension for keeping you uber-clean. I let you get as messy as you need to during meal time, and I try to clean you up really well when it's over. But sometimes I still find a little dried-cereal stuck on some crazy part of your body later on in the day.

You are showing your preference for being with mommy more than ever. I love being your favorite person :) We spend all day together, and we try to get out and run errands and visit family when possible so you don't think the entire world consists of just our house. You're better about taking short car rides now, so running errands and visiting people is easier to do. You haven't figured out what your nap schedule should be like, thus you can be a little grumpy in the evenings. Sometimes you nod off during those short car rides and that's it for nap time, no big nap for you! Which means no rest/eating/catch-my-breath time for me. But you're still worth it and then some!

Sippy cups were recently introduced, and I called your Granny when I bought them...almost in tears. How did you get so big?! My little baby was completely reliant on me and my breast milk one minute, and the next you're adding solid foods and drinking from sippy cups!! (Ok, so you don't really drink from them, you bite on them with your gums, but you can hold them up to your mouth pretty well.)

You've continued teething, but you haven't actually gotten any to burst through those little gums yet. I'm in no rush, I will absolutely miss that gummy smile when it's gone. I'm soaking it up all I can right now! You have still been a good sleeper lately, and I hope that continues. You've decided that 8:30 should be your bedtime, and we're happy with that. Occasionally I hear you babbling to yourself once or twice during the night, but it's over pretty quickly and you're back to sleep. What a great baby! :)

And you can also sit up by yourself now. Wow. That was so amazing to me. I had wanted you to be able to do this for so long so we could start really playing together, and who knows, maybe even rolling a ball?! And now you do it! Of course when you reach for something super far or watch someone walk by too intently then you fall over, but that happens to everyone occasionally.

And here you are, my 6-month old baby!
Anthony Father's Day 2010-1274

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1275

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1282

Ok, give me your silly eyes!!
Anthony Father's Day 2010-1279

Daddy didn't seem to understand that this was your show, so I asked him nicely to put you down :)
Anthony Father's Day 2010-1283

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1286

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1290

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1296

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1298<>

Anthony Father's Day 2010-1301

3 comments:

Kristin said...

So I know you said this was little Anthony's show, but can I place my vote for the big Anthony with no hair on his face maintain that look? Yes? Thanks.

Kristin said...

So I know you said this was little Anthony's show, but can I place my vote for the big Anthony with no hair on his face maintain that look? Yes? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Ha! His dad asked for him to shave his beard as a Father's Day gift, and then they begged him to keep it short. But what do you think Big Anthony is going to do?! Whatever requires the least amount of effort :)