Friday, December 17, 2010

Anthony - 1 year

Dear Anthony,

You're a year old. Part of me feels like you've been in my life forever, like there could never be a me without you. And the other part feels like you just got here, all shiny and new. (Remember when you were this tiny?)

You light up our lives and excite us every day. You've taught us how to love harder, for you and each other. Every tiny thing you do each day is important and special to us. For your birthday, we documented you in photographs and video from the minute we crept into your room singing "Happy Birthday" to opening your first birthday present before we put you to bed. I had planned on sharing most or all of it with the world because I could sing your adorable praises from the rooftops all day long. But when it came to writing this letter, I realized that those most intimate of moments we had with you should just be for our little family. I can't wait to show them to you some day. Your little 5-toothed smile will crack you up, and it makes me want to cry for the cuteness.

When I went to bed last night I looked at the clock. It was 11:10. Last year at that time you were 2 minutes old. I had made it through the entire day without actually crying until that point. I laid in bed awake a long time with a little tear or two sneaking out, thinking about your first hours of life and praying for you.

I know you'll have many more birthdays. Birthdays that will bring lots of changes. But for now you're my Little Guy, my Baby Son, and my Buddy.

I love you,
Mom

P.S. Because a post is always better with pictures, here are some less intimate moments for public consumption :)

Anthony First Birthday-0044

Anthony First Birthday-0045

Anthony First Birthday-0047

Anthony First Birthday-0052

Anthony First Birthday-0054

Anthony First Birthday-0068

No comments: