Monday, October 4, 2010

The Jewish Wedding Bonanza! and the rest of my extended weekend...

Whew, done with a long weekend. What, it's Monday?! Get out o' town! I thought it was Sunday all day today since I had a wedding yesterday and Anthony was still off today. I got my first two Jewish weddings that were mine, mine, all mine! AND they were in the same weekend. The first one was at Camp Young Judaea in Wimberley, and the other was (thank God) close to home at Barr Mansion.

I thought I would be exhausted and hating life by the end of the weekend (thus asking Anthony to take off Monday to give me some relief). But the opposite happened: I was so fired up over all the wedding awesomeness that I was energetic! I took long (power) walks with the baby in our new jogger, and today I got up and let Anthony sleep in while I took my first official jog since the baby was born. I got a bad stitch in my side so maybe I'll just ease into that by jogging one block at a time :)

I can't wait to post these weddings at some point down the line, they were fabulous! And so were the couples! It was worth not getting to sleep until 2am and getting right back up with the baby a couple hours later for two nights in a row. I can do that for great weddings!

I also want to post some pictures of more of the cute items that we've received at our house lately. We got a couple things from Meme and Grandad that they picked up for the baby in Italy, and Mark sent the baby his FIRST pair of Nike's! We're gonna put 'em on the wall next to Mama's pair of pink Nike's, circa 1983 baby, woot!

Oh, and remember how on my last post I mentioned I was editing a maternity session? Well I posted it over on the WLP blog; check out Jori and Adam's maternity session here!

I did have a great time with my weddings lately, but I sure did miss my little man. He's all mine again tomorrow!!

anthony and mama 10-1-10-0052

(Having Anthony off today really did confuse me. When I took the baby for a walk this morning I saw some teenagers standing on the corner with backpacks. Rather than assuming that they were going to school (too obvious), I thought a bunch of kids were running away on a Sunday morning :) Maybe I needed more sleep after all.)

No comments: