Friday, October 1, 2010

Reflecting

I'm editing some maternity pics this evening, and I started thinking back to my own maternity pictures. Thinking back to being pregnant in general. Do I really need to go through all that again one day?! Can't the stork just bring me a beautiful little baby girl a couple years from now?? Maybe he takes special requests. Maybe there's an internet coupon.

Moving on...

Internet, did you know I made a cinnamon swirl cake last night? I did. All I had was a bread pan though, and even though I didn't adjust any of the settings, it still turned out beautifully. I even got it to loosen up and come out in one giant cake-loaf. Then...it happened. As I was transferring the cake-loaf on a spatula (don't question it, you weren't there!), it started to fall apart. In that split second I got the brilliant idea that if I moved faster then maybe it wouldn't fall apart anymore. Because I'm magic like that. But alas, the thing did fall apart, and at the high rate of speed that I was attempting the transfer, it suddenly skidded sideways across my kitchen counter onto the stove and exploded into several pieces and bazillions of crumbs. Upside? Still delicious :) I totally used my fork to eat it right off the counter. Yeah, that's right, you know you would have too!

I have an insane wedding weekend kicking off tomorrow. INSANE. And all Jewish. Love it! But since I'm so busy, I won't be able to take the baby out to visit Anthony's parents in Leander (Judy just returned from Italy late last night). I made the decision to take the baby out there this afternoon instead. Judy came back with lots of goodies for us! I had just been saying how I needed a purse and VOILA! New Fendi bag. It didn't hurt that I also got a rosary, some scarves, crazy circular dish towel, and lots more! The baby also got loads of cute stuff, namely an Italian monkey hand-puppet that had little baby monkey finger puppets with it. SO CUTE. I made the hand-puppet play a shy version of peek-a-boo with the kid, and he was rolling! He laughed so hard that he tooted! I don't think I've EVER heard him laugh that loud or that long. And...drum roll please...he got a gold bracelet! His first piece of gold jewelry in what (I can only imagine) will be a long line of bling. Now we just have to get him wearing his gold, wearing his track suit, smoking a cigar, and standing outside Satriale's in Jersey :)

Right now I'm waiting for my pizza. They said it would take 45 minutes to an hour. Know how long it's been? About an hour and a half. I'm pacing back and forth like a girl on prom night, unsure if her date will actually arrive. Why the nerves? If I don't head him off before he rings the doorbell then I've got a screaming baby on my hands. This probably wouldn't be the case on a regular night, but he had a super rough time going down for some reason. It took loads of crying and a very long time, and I'm not prepared to do it again this evening.

Since we were reminiscing, here are some of those aforementioned maternity photos. Taken by Whitney Lee!

amanda maternity-39

amanda maternity-45

amanda maternity-53

amanda maternity-55

No comments: