Wednesday, March 24, 2010

14 weeks

Cool: My baby boy is 14 weeks today! Not cool: The thunderstorm that came through and turned off the power as I was writing this blog post. BOOOOO!!!

The storm woke up the kid and really cut into precious time I needed to edit. Dang storm. Luckily it waited until I was finished cooking dinner because that honey bbq chicken pizza I threw together was DELICIOUS.

Oh man I'm sleepy. The babe woke up 40 minutes early this morning, but somehow that small amount of time has managed to throw my entire day out of whack. And the gloomy, raininess isn't helping either. I'd already be in bed right now if our schedule hadn't been so thrown off by...wait for it...yep, the dang storm.

Anywho, I got to test out my new memory cards today. Just as I suspected, I don't need speeds like that. They're twice as fast as my old cards, but it was the 5-year warranty that was most appealing. I didn't really care, Anthony picked these out for the most part. I just needed some more space. I used the first card to take a couple of videos of the little bug. Unfortunately I have a free account with Vimeo, and the cute video I took was too large of a file to upload, BUMMER. I had captured a much shorter video with the TV going in the background that's not nearly as good (but is small enough for the free account upload), but WHATEVER.

The wee lad is teething. He's really good at pulling himself up now. If he's reclining back then we just put a little tension in our arms, and he'll pull his whole body up to a sitting position. When he does this, he instantly latches onto my fingers to num on them. He has quite a grip!

And here's what my little nummer looked like today.

IMG_1005small

IMG_1006small

IMG_1007small

IMG_1008small

And I'd just like to say WHAT THE HECK to the Redbull Flugtag commercial that says, "I can go for miles in my airplane..." It gets stuck in my head every time I hear it! Every time I get it out, there it is again!

One of my goals for tomorrow is to pick out a replacement toy for the death-trap baby sling that was recalled. It requires some label printing and cutting up of said baby sling. This will take some effort that I don't really feel ready to give right now. GOOD NIGHT.

Oh, and enjoy this short version of what I really wanted to show you...

Anthony 14 Weeks from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.

No comments: