Friday, March 26, 2010

Journey for a Pizza

We (i.e., I) wanted a pizza tonight. It's hard to find meatless things to eat all day Friday during Lent (especially with my ravenous appetite lately), and it's been a week since I've shopped so the house is not exactly fully stocked right now. I decided a cheese pizza is what I needed! I set out to order a pizza online from Papa John's that I could go pick up. Even though the map tells me there are 3 Papa John's within 5 miles, NONE of them will consent to deliver in our neighborhood. Smurftastic.

I ordered from the one I always go to and headed out to pick it up, knowing I needed to be home fairly soon if I was going to eat any of this pizza before the baby woke up. I get there, they don't have my order.

Me: But I got an email confirmation saying it would be ready!
Them: Are you sure it's from this store?
Me: Yes!
Them: Are you sure you didn't order from the Pflugerville store?
Me: Yes!
Them: We don't have it.
Me: I can see that.
Them: Let me call them and make sure they don't have it. (Calls) They have it, let me give you directions.
Me: Fine.

Drive waaaaaaaay into Pflugerville, pass downtown, get to the Papa John's that I didn't know existed. Look up at the cross-section and realize that although it has taken me almost 30 minutes to get here, my ride home might be a bit shorter. The street sign I'm reading is the same street that runs right near my house. I pick up my pizza and head down that road. Yep, home in just a few minutes. With time to eat the pizza before the kid woke up. It is SO dangerous that there is a pizza place that close that I didn't know about. And I didn't have to travel on any major highways! No traffic! WOW. Ok, must forget this pizza place exists or I'll gain 20 lbs.

Don't ask me why I even needed this pizza, I made that lovely homemade pizza earlier this week! Sheesh.

And because every post is better with a picture, here's a few random things I never posted that are from March 18th. He looks really flippin bored, but I think he was just tired. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

IMG_2912small

IMG_2913small

IMG_2914small

I would also like to mention that I've been incorporating the "Father Abraham" song into our sing-song daily activities. He thinks this is HILARIOUS. I suppose it's more about all the hand movements than anything, but it's cute :) You have to watch out though, that song will totally get stuck in your head. 'Father Abraham...had many sons. Many sons had Faaaaaather Abraham. I am one of them...and so are you...so let's all praise the Lord, RIGHT ARM! Father Abraham...' See, there i go.

No comments: