Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3 months! and other business

On Sunday I had my first post-baby wedding. It was out of town. The baby woke up the night before. And 3 times the night I got home...and I got home around 1 am. SUCKS. But the wedding was good, and Anthony did eat a little from the bottle so all together I'd say that's a win! I did better than I thought and only messaged (Big) Anthony once to see how the little babe was doing. I made sure to wait until the reception had started so I wouldn't be distracted if the feeding was going really rough. I guess he had some kind of turning point that day. Not that he was overly thrilled, thus the 3 night wakings when I got home because he was still hungry.

Boo on the rain today! I was supposed to do an engagement session, but that didn't happen. I was trapped inside most of the day when I really wanted to take the little bug for a stroll through the neighborhood.

Moving on! My baby boy is 3 months old today...and this is for him...

Dear Anthony,

Today you're 3 months old! Your Grandpa even called to tell you "Happy 3 Month Birth Day!", and you drooled. Which I took to mean "thank you! and please convey my jubilation and gratitude to my Grandpa". Ahem.

Right now I'm trying to get you to sit up with some assistance. For the most part you don't like it. When I try to prop you up against anything you just arch your back and wiggle down until you're laying again. When I put you in the bumbo and try to support your head you will tolerate it for about 45 seconds and then we're done.

Tummy time goes better and better all the time, which I'm excited about. Now that you put up with it pretty well I think we can get those neck muscles beefed up! You still don't like the car seat so car rides are troublesome and you let me know about it. You have been better about letting me take you for walks, which is still in the same seat...so I can only imagine that you don't like car rides because 1) you're back there by yourself or 2) because things are going by so fast while you're backwards that it makes you feel sick. I mean, to the adults out there, have you turned around in your back seat and looked out the side window?! Sheesh! I'd be grumpy too. And woozy.

You have recently discovered the beauty of the pacifier. You could have cared less for them most of your life (which was fine with us), but in the last week we brought home a new kind that you have fallen in love with. I do like the help they provide because you're going through your 3-month growth spurt right now and are NOT happy about it. Normally you drift off to sleep at nap times and they're no big deal. But the last 2-3 days you're fussy after just a few minutes of playing and really fight going to sleep. Most of the time you won't let us put you down until you're rocked with a pacifier (and when you're with mommy you like a lullaby too).

You're growing out of your clothes SO FAST. I weighed you this morning, and you're just a smidge under 13 pounds. I've been trying to make sure you get into each outfit at least once :) Today I put you in a little froggy outfit from your Great-Nanny, and it was pretty snug! I think this will be the only time out for the frog suit. But we have these froggy memories....

Froggy Tummy Time from Amanda Hagood on Vimeo.



IMG_2895small

IMG_2896small

IMG_2897small

IMG_2898small

IMG_2899small

IMG_2900small

IMG_2901small

IMG_2903small

IMG_2904small

IMG_2905small

IMG_2906small

IMG_2907small

No comments: