Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2 months!

Dear sweet Anthony,

Today you're 2 months old. You've changed so much in these past months; you have a personality that is all your own of which I can't get enough. In fact, when your Great Nanny comes to visit you for the first time this weekend, I'm sure she's expecting to find a little baby that she can cuddle and hold all day. However, she's likely to find a smiling, squirming, excited little bug that can't wait to see and hear new things rather than just be held still all day.

Your favorite thing is being held up over my shoulder, and you hate being held in a traditional baby-hold unless you're swaddled tightly and being rocked. You smile and giggle when you're falling asleep and then wake yourself up as though you don't know who is making all the noise.

You have slept for good stretches the last 5 out of 7 nights, which excites me because I get more sleep, but it also reminds me that you've already made great leaps and bounds from the little newborn who woke up every 2 hours.

You're awake and alert so much of the day. Right now you're taking about 3 catnaps and one 2-hour nap during the day time. You let me take you from room to room showing you new toys and new objects, and you reward me with your big, gorgeous smile! I marvel at your blue eyes and chubby cheeks that I love so much. And then we wind down in the rocking chair and you fight me through naps, but I don't care because then I get to see your cute face again (so long as you still sleep well at night!).

You hate tummy time, but you're tolerating it better now. I thought of videotaping you for the first time today, and of course I included tummy time. Because I'm a sadist. But you still love me. I have proof. And it's on videotape. That's right, I said TAPE. Because I didn't use my fancy camera to record you on a CF card so I could put it on the computer...I drug out my 5 year old videotape recorder that my mom gave me for college graduation! So ha! TAPE! OLD SCHOOL.

Ahem, anyway. Being a mother to you is so much better than I thought it would be, better than I thought it could be when you were 1, 2, and 3 weeks old and I was more exhausted than I've ever been in my entire life. I can't wait to see what happens over the next month!

And I promise to take better pictures of you next month. You weren't really lovin camera time today so here's what we got!

IMG_1205small

IMG_1206small

IMG_1209small

IMG_1211small

IMG_1212small

IMG_1213small

IMG_1214small

I love your eyes in this photo because this is about the angle I have of those baby blues when you're eating. You just look up at me with those big eyes and I melt.
IMG_1215small

Practicing to be a ninja.
IMG_1216small

IMG_1217small

IMG_1218small

CAN YOU DEAL WITH THAT?! (That's for my dad. He watches "Meet the Parents" way too much.)
IMG_1219small

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toooo cute! I love those big blue eyes. I can't wake to hold him and mug him! Granny loves you little bug. :-)

Stacie said...

What a beautiful love letter...he will cherish your thoughts when he's older since he certainly won't remember what these days were like!