Monday, February 22, 2010

Icky Weather and a Big Visit

The weather was awesome on Sunday, and we were glad to get out of the house for a little while. Then...it got cold. Boo. It's chilly today, and it's going to be really cold tomorrow so we'll be trapped again, blah! The sun started shining a little while ago, and I'd love to get out and enjoy it when the kiddo wakes up from his teeny tiny naps he's been taking. The short naps didn't bother me when he was sleeping longer periods at night, but last night he woke up a couple/few times (who knows how many...I was groggy!), so I figured he would sleep more today. I guess he's had enough. I'd like it if he went back to his longer night sleeps so I don't feel so tired like I do today :)

We're still working on sitting up and tummy time to strengthen those neck muscles. These were from play time on Friday.
IMG_1228small

IMG_1229small

IMG_1230small

IMG_1232small

You can tell he is REALLY psyched about the bouncer.
IMG_1235smal

IMG_1237small

IMG_1239small

IMG_1240small

I tried to convince him to pitch in and help with laundry if he was gonna lay down on the job, but he didn't go for it.
IMG_1241small

IMG_1243small

IMG_1244small

IMG_1245small

IMG_1246small

Yay, he finally got it up good while I had the camera out!
IMG_1247small

IMG_1248small

IMG_1249small

On Saturday, my mom and her mom (Nanny) came to visit. This was a very special visit because my Nanny had never met her one and only great grandchild. I knew the visit would go well, and I knew she thought he would be perfect. And I was right :) The visit was a lot of fun; Nanny fawned over the Little Bug, my mom fell a little more in love with him, and we reflected on all of the generations being in one house. He gave them lots of smiles and did lots of his lizard-tongue! I realized after they left that I hadn't gotten one picture of my Nanny and the baby together :( But it was tough because I found out after they got here that my Nanny couldn't hold him because of a problem with her hand (where she drops things). So the only way she could really see him is if I was holding him (which precludes holding a camera), or if my mom was holding him...but I feel like I have to hover nearby a lot of the time to entertain him and keep him happy. Here are some of him with my mom in any case.
IMG_1251small>

IMG_1253small>

IMG_1254small

The visit also afforded me the chance to run over to Leslie's mom's house for Alex's FIRST birthday! I love visiting with their family and feel very blessed that I've somehow gotten into their loving circle. Leslie and her sister, their husbands, their children, and parents are all so sweet! They welcomed me even though I had to show up late (for burritos and milk for Nanny...it was a crucial situation), and gave me some special cake (dairy free, soy free, and some other things I can't remember!), and we watched the boys all run around. I can't wait for Anthony and Alex to be able to play together. I know that eventually their 10-month age difference won't be a big deal. I MUST remember to take my camera next time. Had I known that a cowboy hat would attack Alex's head then I would have been prepared :)

3 comments:

Vic said...

Your blog never fails to give me a case of the baby rabies... so precious! I want one! :)

Unknown said...

Haha! Well get yourself one! You're a married lady, go for it :)
Just make sure you're ready because oddly enough they don't do returns, even if you keep your receipt on the kid ;)

Anonymous said...

Granny says:
Of course I love all of his pictures but I really loved the ones where he was doing the tongue thing!!! Granny loves you Little Bug! :)