Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tears

We went in for the 2 month check up today. His weight was 11.64, and his length was 23 inches. He's in the 50% category for all his measurements, right where he should be! We talked about his sleeping and eating patterns, all is well. Then the nurse came in to administer the shots...the sole purpose for me making Anthony go with me to the appointment. I went next door and got the infant Tylenol (in case he runs a fever after the vaccines), and when I got back Anthony was strapping Anthony into the car seat.

Me: How did it go?
Him: Bad. (his face is red)
Me: How bad?
Him: You should be REALLY glad you weren't here.
Me: That bad??
Him: Yeah, that bad. They made me hold his arms down while they stuck him in his thighs.
Me: Eek!
Him: He cried so loud, it was awful. I almost cried.
Me: Oh no! You did?!
Him: Yeah. Almost. I felt a tear.

I'm soooooo glad I didn't witness it. He still had tears all down his face when I peeked in at him. I rode in the back with him on the way home. His little hand clung onto my finger the whole ride home while he sucked on his pacifier. He just stared at my face, and every time the car hit a bump he would grasp my finger even tighter. He finally started to fall asleep right as we got home. Oy.

Here's a photo from happier times...playing laundry basket race car this morning.

IMG_1223small

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww poor little bug. :(
Granny and Granpa love you!

Vic said...

Poor little guy! He looks so cute in the 'racecar'!

Unknown said...

Thanks :)

The Zoe said...

Amanda, he is so adorable! And at least now he won't get some medieval disease, right?

Unknown said...

Yep, no medieval diseases here! I know they're for the best, but I will continue having Daddy be the bad guy and just swoop in when it's over to love on him :)