Monday, February 1, 2010

Crema Liquida Dolci Notti

This made me SO happy the other day. I was digging through the abyss of my bathroom shelves, and I found some baby lotion. It's not just any baby lotion, it's from Italy! When we were on our honeymoon I wasn't able to bring lotion (they said it was against the airline rules, and I already look like a terrorist apparently...ask me about this sometime), so Anthony and I set off to some of the local supermarkets around Rome to find some once we had gotten to our hotel and looked around a bit.

We tried asking the lady at the store for some, but she didn't know what we were talking about. After visiting several stores with no luck, we eventually happened upon one bottle of baby lotion at a supermarket not too far from us. When we took it to the front and asked the lady if they had any other lotions (you know...for adults!), she laughed and said they didn't use lotion. Ummm....WHAT?! But I have dry skin! My husband has eczema! We HAVE to have lotion. Must must must! She said their diet (namely olive oil) makes it to where they don't need lotion, their skin is finely lubricated.

Well, this Italian-American family is STILL as dry as a piece of toast no matter how much olive oil we eat back in the states so I needed it. I smelled like a cute little baby every night after I showered :)

When I found the bottle the other day, I just smiled to myself and thought about our trip. The smell took me back to our crazy adventures and the footloose and fancy-free time we had (albeit brief) before we got pregnant. Look look look!

IMG_1721small

Here are some shots of Little Bug playing the other day. I got that smile from the side! Woo, he's fast!
IMG_1715small

IMG_1716small

FEED ME!!!
IMG_1717small

IMG_1719small

No comments: