Thursday, February 4, 2010

When I Grow Up...

Every kid probably wrote a paper in school about what they wanted to be when they grew up. The first job I ever wanted to have was as a marine biologist. I cherished this dream and read everything I could about marine life. Then...one year I went to Sea World. It should have been a trip like any other year; I'd been a ton of times. But for some reason I decided to go down right by the glass this time. Previously I had watched from way up in the stands (mom didn't like to sit in the splash zone...go figure, adults don't like being covered with whale water), but being up close to the glass seemed so exciting and I trotted on down.

I was looking straight forward through the glass, like a giant aquarium, trying to find "Shamu". Then it happened. He came right up from below and soared up in front of me in the blink of an eye. At that moment I was in awe, excited, sure of what I wanted to be when I grew up! NOT. I was terrified! Being far back in the stands all those times had hidden the fact that this was a GIGANTIC mammal with huge teeth and a fearsome presence.

The next day I decided to become a lawyer.

I wonder what Anthony will want to be when he grows up.
IMG_1745small

Recently he has discovered that he has a tongue, and he likes to play with it a lot!
IMG_1746small

IMG_1747small

IMG_1748small

We try to give Squirt Bert as much tummy time as we possibly can, but he HATES it. This is the nicest face he has when he's face down...all the other faces involve tears, and I won't post them for fear of being turned in to CPS =D
IMG_1750small

IMG_1751small

He also doesn't like the bouncer so far, but I think that's because he hasn't figured out how to make it move. When I make it move for him then he will tolerate the chair for a few minutes.
IMG_1752small

IMG_1753small

IMG_1754small

IMG_1755small

IMG_1756small

IMG_1759small

IMG_1760small

IMG_1761small

No comments: