Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bum Genius and Yesterday

Well, I've been rockin the cloth diapers for a few weeks now, and I LOVE THEM! I say HA! to all the people who said I couldn't manage with cloth diapers and thought it would be too icky for me or too difficult and that I'd give up. I DON'T GIVE UP. Ever. And really I haven't found them hard to deal with at all. They're great and cute and don't leak! Thank you, Bum Genius! And thank you to my friend (hi Leslie!) who turned me on to them.

IMG_1779small

IMG_1783small

Yesterday I got to go to lunch with Cheree and Frankie. I love having lunch with other mothers; it makes me feel happy about where I am and scared about where I'm going to be! Each time I figure something out, he's going to change and make me learn something totally new...I already know that. Seeing Frankie climb all over the place and make a big mess just makes me grateful that I'm not quite there yet. I'm excited about that stage, don't get me wrong, but I'm stopping to smell the 8 1/2 week old baby roses of where we are now =D

I realized yesterday that he has grown out of some of his clothes before he even got a chance to wear them (pretty common I'm sure), so I put these jammies on him even though they were probably an inch or two too long because we need to get enjoyment out of the clothes before he pulls a Hulk move and busts right out of them!

IMG_1786small

IMG_1788small

IMG_1789small

IMG_1790small

This isn't even in focus, but I kept it anyway. He moved so fast, but this is very similar to a thing his dad does with his eyebrow =D
IMG_1791small

IMG_1792small

IMG_1794small

IMG_1795small

IMG_1796small

Today I'm leaving the cute little bug at home to go and shoot my first post-baby engagement session! This is thrilling and nerve-wracking at the same time. I'm happy because I LOVE taking pictures, and I'm glad to be back in the game. I'm a little nervous though because I shot my last wedding in October. That's quite the break I've had from shooting anything for clients. Since then it's just been friends and family...now back to the outside world! When I came back from the short break last year for my honeymoon I was revived and refreshed, and my first few sessions back were more creative and fun than usual. I'm hoping this hiatus has done the same thing for me :)

No comments: