Wednesday, February 10, 2010

8 weeks!

My baby boy is 8 weeks today! I know, posting updates once a week (or more) seems like nothing could have changed...but it did. And not for the better. He got baby acne. I know, shouldn't be a big deal, but he keeps scratching his little face, and he finally got a hold of the cheek with the worst part of the acne so it looks terrible. I've tried to keep his mitties on him when he's eating because that's when he's super scratchy, but that doesn't always work.

In better news, I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM. I meant to write about this sooner because some people believe it goes without saying, but it needs saying! Of course I loved him from the beginning, but when you're thrust into this whole new world and getting no sleep and feel like your life is falling apart...kinda hard to fall in love with the little creature doing it to you. But then he started to sleep better, I started to sleep better (not great mind you, but I'm not a zombie), and he started to give back. He gives smiles and laughs, and he recognizes me! I fell head over heels in love with him a couple weeks ago, and I'm so glad he's here!

Sandra asked me what my favorite part about him was. It's a toss-up, the smiles when he sees me versus his sleep laughs. You've probably seen this before, I'm putting the kid to sleep and he starts smiling as he's drifting off. Then he starts giggling in his sleep and it wakes him up with this shocked look on his face like, "WHO WAS THAT?!" Love it!

Here's my big boy at 8 weeks...

IMG_1762small

IMG_1763small

IMG_1764small

IMG_1766small

IMG_1769small

IMG_1770small

IMG_1772small

IMG_1773small

IMG_1774small

IMG_1775small

IMG_1776small

IMG_1777small

IMG_1778small

No comments: