Friday, September 24, 2010

Sleeping Late

There are so many beautiful parts to being a parent. But occasionally there are things I miss from my pre-baby world. One of them: sleeping late. Tonight I have a million things to do, and I feel like I have the energy to move mountains! But...if I don't go to bed soon then when my child gets up tomorrow I will wish I could crawl back in bed. I know one day I'll be able to work whenever the mood strikes me and sleep in a little bit when it's been a long night, but that time is not now. My boy sleeps an awesome 11-12 hour stretch at night, and that's nothing to sneeze at. I guess it's not too big a sacrifice to get up early since he goes to bed early.

My little man can stand up for a few seconds by himself now; pretty sure we got to 10 unaided seconds of standing time today! He is giving me quite the job of keeping up with him. I was trying to play on the floor with him, and he crawled behind me, used the back of my jeans to pull to standing, and then he tried to let go on the scary tile where I couldn't turn around fast enough to grab him if he should fall. I decided to pull him onto my back and give him his first "pony ride". He giggled so hard! It was the best sound ever; I love it when he's that happy! It's one of those laughs where he's happy in the moment, excited about doing something new, and secure in the fact that it's happening with his mama (because he doesn't like anyone else for very long still).

Anthony called me on my way to a maternity shoot this evening and said that the baby had been crying ever since I left. Sad :( I love being important to him, but it makes me sad when he's sad, no matter the reason.

On to happier things! My mom is visiting tomorrow, and we'll be celebrating her birthday early. Woohoo! I see lots of family time and a lot of gelato coming our way!

Also, we made a pit stop by the state while out running errands today. There are a couple people who really go out of their way to play with my baby and fawn over him when we come by (beyond the normal cheek-pinching), and I love it. Before I had a kid, I couldn't even see this side to my friends. But seeing them care about someone who you care about that much?...awesome. Thanks guys :) I love y'all!

ewwww the floor

No comments: