Thursday, September 9, 2010

Young Victoria

I'm finally watching Young Victoria. I've been meaning to get around to this for a while now, but I haven't excused myself from editing until late tonight (I had exporting and back-ups tying everything up anyway), so now I'm enjoying. I haven't seen the last 35 minutes, but I'm thinking I like it :) It's not from my favorite time period in English history, but it deals with royals nonetheless so I'm a happy girl.

While watching, I saw my phone buzzing to notify me of comments left on my photos. I had uploaded the 8 month photos of the baby to facebook this evening, and every time I look at pictures of him I feel my heart do some flip-flops. How can you love a person so much?! Especially one who is generally needy and can't even tell me if he loves me or not. Like I even need to explain that last ridiculous sentence; he gives me everything I need plus a million more to let me know that we are each other's world. When we were feeding him dinner and prepping him for bed he kept up a steady stream of "mama, dada, mama, dada". Sometimes he likes to call us the opposite names; I like to think this is his first attempt at humor :)

Speaking of humor, I had him absolutely cracking up today during his lunch. Probably not the best idea...every time he laughed I ended up with food all over me thanks to his enthusiasm! But it's worth it to be plastered in pureed beef and vegetables to see that 2-toothed smile.

Not so cool, found what I thought was a blister on the little guy's toe today. Called the doctor's office. Nurse induced panic by telling me it sounded like a spider bite. Mad dash to doctor's office ensued. Turns out it was a laceration. He's been kicking the crib when he's putting himself to sleep (not in a mad way, just a bored way I guess), and at some point he cut the bottom of his toe off. Yuck. Anywho, he's gonna be fine.

Back to Young Victoria, a good excuse to watch Emily Blunt and indulge in my royal obsession.

No comments: