Monday, September 27, 2010

Ugh

Lately it seems like there is some big happening almost every week. I thought this morning might be pretty routine, but no. We had a baby emergency, and I rushed off to the doc as Anthony rushed out for work. Son will be ok, but we spent (what felt like) an eternity in the sad-face waiting room at the doc office even though my kid didn't have anything that could possibly be construed as contagious. Anywho, we had to see a strange doc since ours only works afternoons. She was really nice, and after our diagnosis she offered to give him his flu shot since he was supposed to come in for that tomorrow anyway.

Excuse me, WHAT?! I have to be the one to hold him while he gets a shot?! NO! That's what Dad's are for!!! Don't you understand that I can't be seen as an accessory to pain?!?!

No, she didn't see that. They came in and stuck the poor little thing while he was already in pain and unhappy. He was on my hip and loving me, waiting for me to take him home...then STICK! Tears. His. Mine. Tears.

Picked up a prescription, headed home. FORGOT TO CALL MY MOTHER ON HER BIRTHDAY BECAUSE I WAS SO INVOLVED WITH BABY STUFF. OMG. I felt awful when she emailed me and mentioned her birthday. OY. I had taken her out this weekend when she was here, but nobody should be forgotten on their actual birthday :( Sorry, Mom. M.Y.Y. bunches!!! Hopefully that beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" on your work voice mail took the sting out of my forgetfulness :)

On an upside, I was incredibly productive this evening. WOO!

On a weird side, the kid has been avoiding his second nap of the day. Just having one morning nap is NOT cool to get a baby through the entire day. Today I decided to try giving him one nap in the middle of the day to see if that would last him. I don't know if he will make it to mid-day because he fell asleep on the way to the pharmacy...that skews my scientific results. But he did go down mid-day, sleep an hour and a half...and then he made it almost all day. He started getting super-cranky when Anthony got home, but I don't know if that's because he was separated from me or because he was too tired or both. We'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

On another upside, the weather was FABULOUS today. Thank you God for a glorious glimpse of Fall!!! That crispness in the air puts a skip in my step like nothing else. We rolled out in the new jogging stroller for a looooong morning walk to enjoy it. Hopefully we can do it again tomorrow!

No comments: